Friday, July 26, 2013

23 Years Young!

My 23rd birthday was yesterday and I have to admit...I was dreading it. Not because I feel like twenty-three is old, but because I am not at all where I thought I would be at this time in my life. To be completely honest, I feel like I am still 16 years old most of the time...which will probably never change (cough...peter-pan syndrome...cough cough).
But this birthday wasn't so dreadful after all! To my complete surprise, it turned out to be one of the happiest birthdays I've had in a very long time. I feel like there is a lot of change about to happen and it's making me feel super pumped! I don't know what it is, but I feel like 23 is going to a big year for me. I can feel it in my bones! So much so that I have been nothing but pure happiness the past couple of days...odd right?! I don't know....it's almost like the air around me has changed or something.
Anyways.....'nough weird talk and back to my birthday festivities! Last night, my family and I went to Sea Salt in Sugarhouse for dinner which was amazballs! If you are looking for a great, LEGIT Italian restaurant, Sea Salt is a must! (try the Lamb Shank, it is molto bene!).




After our amazing dinner, it was cake time! Of coarse with my mom knowing me as well as she does (as most mothers do) she did not get me a traditional cake. Instead, she got one of my most favorite desserts of all time. I'm talkin' my ultimate Achilles heel in the baked goods realm...that's right, salted caramel cake bites from The Sweet Tooth Fairy!! Talk about bringing out the big guns!
p.s. only one more birthday left where I will have enough cake bites per candle...guess we will just have to upgrade to two boxes once I hit a quarter :)



So, this weekend in celebration of my 23rd year of life and the improvements that I have been making, I am pampering myself (toodaloo money)! There is just something about feeling different that makes you what to look different too. I'm talkin' hair change, new wardrobe, listening to Beyonce's 'Upgrade You' all day long kinda different (minus the spending millions of dollars on diamond facials part)! I'm just sooo ready for some change :)

 I can't wait to see what this year has in store. Thank you to everyone for such a wonderful birthday! I honestly am so blessed to have the family, friends, coworkers, etc in my life. You have made the last 22 years so amazing and I don't know where I would be today without all of you!  I am one lucky 23 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment